Course “Working effectively for dyslexics”
4 whole days
The course consists of:
- Intake of 1,5 hours to tune in on the problems and wishes of the client;
- 4 following days of eight hours each: training and coaching;
- Recurrence conversation after one year;
- A result guarantee of at least 2 times the current reading speed!
This is an intensive skill training for dyslexics on location (maximum 4 participants). This course is for (young) adults (employees and students) with dyslexia.
The course contains the following subjects:
- what is dyslexia and the impact on daily life of adults;
- the operation of the dyslexic brain;
- speed reading techniques;
- written communication: writing e-mails, reports and papers;
- verbal communication: giving presentations or lectures, presenting your ideas in meetings;
- interpersonal communication: giving and receiving feedback , attitude and building bridges between linear and conceptual thinkers;
- managing your work or time;
- fear of failure at dyslexics and how to reduce this;
- multiple intelligence according to Gardner and specific qualities of dyslexics;
- gifts and talents of dyslexics and how to use these efficiently at work, at school or in an education.
After the course:
- you have insight in the benefits and pitfalls of linear and conceptual thinkers;
- you can concentrate better and have more peace in your head;
- you read at least two times faster;
- you know the ins and outs of mind mapping;
- you make fewer writing mistakes;
- you communicate and present yourself better;
- you have the tools to organize your work better and work more efficiently;
- you work with more relaxation and self-confidence;
- you do not see dyslexia only as an obstacle but also as a gift;
- you get that job or position you have in mind for yourself.
- The course is given by Sjan Verhoeven, she works as a trainer and coach and is dyslexic herself. She has written the book “Move forward with dyslexia”.
- She has a bachelor degree in psychology and social work. More information, click here.
- Time: 4 full days following each other from 9.00 to 17.30.
- Course material and the book “Move forward with dyslexia” are included in the course.